Our Complaints policy
SGC Solicitors is committed to providing a high quality legal service to all of our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
Our Complaints procedure
If you have a concern or complaint, please contact us as soon as you aware of the problem so this can be addressed. Please address any complaint to Mr Bruce Kirk, Director, SGC Solicitors, 25 Derby Road, Long Eaton, Nottingham NG10 1NA, or email: email@example.com.
What will happen next?
- We will send you a letter or email acknowledging receipt of your complaint within five days of receiving the complaint, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our Client Care Director, Bruce Kirk, who will review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who acted on your behalf. If the complaint is against Mr Kirk, another Director, Mr Richard Cliff will handle the complaint.
- Bruce Kirk or Richard Cliff will then invite you to a meeting to discuss and, it is hoped, resolve your complaint. This will be dealt with within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- Within three days of the meeting, Bruce Kirk or Richard Cliff will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions that have been agreed with you.
- If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, Bruce Kirk or Richard Cliff will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgment letter.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again to explain why you remain unhappy with our response and we will review your comments. Depending on the matter we may at this stage arrange for another Director to review the decision.
- We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If you are still not satisfied, you have the right to complain to the Legal Ombudsman about your complaint, and we will supply you with details of how to contact the Legal Ombudsman, which are also available on our website.